AscentX Medical is a privately-held Medical Technology Company focused on the clinical development and marketing of novel, least-invasive injection procedures for permanent soft tissue augmentation, designed to address unmet medical needs of both patients and physicians and help cure various debilitating and socially isolating medical conditions of the growing aging population.
The company believes that its proprietary technology platform, once approved for clinical use, has the potential to create new standards of care via its respective procedures, as they are designed to provide safer, more user-friendly, least-invasive, curative, and more cost-effective outpatient treatments.
The Company was founded by the original team that created ArteFill®, the first and only FDA-approved permanent injectable wrinkle filler in the United States (October 2006). ArteFill’s U.S. market approval has paved the way for additional medical applications utilizing similar injectable PMMA microsphere technology to treat prevalent and debilitating medical conditions caused by sphincter muscle incompetence and spinal disc degeneration.
For that purpose, after more than 25 years of research & development, the AscentX team has developed a specifically designed, proprietary, next-generation injectable biomaterial platform to permanently expand soft tissues via injection procedures and for this purpose exclusively licensed U.S. Patent # 8,586,089 (issued November 2013) and pending international patents for the indications of Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Facial Wrinkle and Scars, and Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD).
The Company's treatment concept of permanent injectable soft tissue augmentation, also known as 'soft tissue bulking', has the potential to address and cure a variety of other prevalent medical conditions including Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) and Fecal Incontinence (FI), as they share a common underlying cause: sphincter muscle incompetence accompanied by loss of sphincter tone.
We believe, based on our extensive collective experience in injectable soft tissue augmentation, that the medical conditions described on our website can be cured safely, cost-effectively and least-invasive via injectable 'soft tissue engineering'.
- Restore Patients’ Quality of Life and become the Global Leader in “Permanent Injectable Soft Tissue Repair” by the end of 2019
- Create Value for the Company’s triple ‘P’ Bottom Line: Patients, Physicians & Payors (all least-invasive, cost-effective outpatient procedures)
- Build a Company and Create Products that will have a lasting Impact on Global Healthcare
- Become a disruptive Force of Change and create a new ´Standard of Care´ in GERD, Dermal Fillers, and Spinal Disc Repair
Our values revolve around our CULTURE OF CARE, INTEGRITY, PATIENT-CENTRICITY & INNOVATION
Our Near-Term Goals
- Provide gastroenterologists the premier, curative outpatient treatment for GERD
- Challenge the status quo of GERD therapies and pioneer a new, game-changing procedure to eliminate the need for life-long medication and reduce the risk of esophageal cancer (“curative endoscopic injection”)
- Become the leading technology and solution provider of safe, cost-effective and user-friendly injection bulking technologies as the future first-line treatment to cure various age-related and highly debilitating medical conditions including GERD, Spinal Disc Degeneration (DDD), Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI), and Fecal Incontinence (FI)